Online Exam 2021/22
- You will be sitting the exam on-line on your own computer.
- There are strict rules that ensure fairness and transparency in the examination process.
- You can complete the test only during the designated time and you won't be allowed to leave the room during the entire exam.
- You will need to have your webcam and microphone active during the whole exam for the purpose of recording.
- In case of violating the rules (launching another app, someone entering the room, having a cellphone within reach, etc.) the online exam will be evaluated as invalid.
How does it work: step by step
- No later than 8 days before the exam you will find an invitation in your profile.
- The invitation will contain a link to the ScioLink application. You can access this app only by using the button in your invitation.
- It is necessary to go through an Onboarding test no later than 4 days before the exam. The onboarding test uses the same checks that you will encounter on the test day.
- You can launch the exam only at the designated official time of the exam. Please, carefully check for any time zone difference. All our exam times are published in CET (GMT+2). The application will lead you through the following steps.
- At the launch of every exam, ScioLink will check your webcam and microphone as well as the speed of your internet connection.
- After checking minimal technical requirements you will be asked to install and launch the Proctoring Desktop extension. This extension monitors running processes and connected devices in your computer. You will have to keep this extension running during the whole exam.
- In the next steps you will take a photo of your face and ID card using your webcam. You will also record the room scan.
- You will be able to see the preview from your webcam during the whole test.
- Once you sumbit the test, all monitoring will stop. The Proctoring Desktop extension will close by itself, you will only have to confirm the closing.
Minimal technical requirements for sitting online exams
On-line NCE require that your device meets these (or better) specifications:
No later than 8 days before the exam you will be able to access an onboarding test in the ScioLink system. It is necessary to go through this onboarding process no later than 4 days before the exam, otherwise you will not be able to take your test! This rule will be strictly enforced. To be able to cancel your online exam due to technical issues, you have to take the onboarding test 5 days before the exam at the latest.
On-line Exam Rules
To be able to ensure - to you as well as to the universities - unquestionable results comparable with paper-based exam, strict rules are valid and duly enforced. Scio reserves the right to evaluate as invalid any exam, where the rules are not followed.
Frequently asked questions
We have prepared answers to frequently asked questions about on-line exams.
During the test day you will find live information about the testing on a special page - you may leave this webpage open in a separate tab in your browser during the exam. If you have any questions or technical issues you may contact us.